Located in the heart of beautiful and historic downtown Milton, my law office is perfectly situated to assist individuals with their legal matters in one of the fastest growing areas in the country. Although Milton with its booming population may no longer be considered a small town, I strive to provide a personable, one-on-one relationship with my clients.

By way of background, I obtained my Honours Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Toronto and subsequently obtained my Juris Doctor (law degree) from the University of Western Ontario. Out of a keen interest in social justice, I completed my articles with Legal Aid Ontario here in Milton.

My main practice areas are family law, child protection law, and criminal law. That being said, as a general practitioner I do not restrict myself to specific areas of law. Please note, however, that I cannot assist you with real estate transactions.

Criminal Law

Most people rarely require the services of a lawyer. The legal system can be confusing and difficult to navigate. In the context of criminal law, attending administrative court appearances time and time again may require you to take several days off work, which may jeopardize your employment. And if you do not have a lawyer, you can easily slip through the cracks.

Pleading guilty may seem like the quickest option to “get it over with.” Before you make any decisions which may result in a criminal record with employment, immigration and travel consequences, I urge you to contact me first. I will discuss your options with you.

Family Law

In family law, the emotional burden of separation and divorce is enough to make you want to give up, and yet the court system expects you to be able to fill out mountains of paperwork and attend endless stressful court appearances. As is the case with criminal law matters, these obligations may cause you to miss several days of work and take away from time that should be spent with your family.

Terms like “custody”, “access” and “equalization” are thrown around without people understanding the courts, the forms and the process. If you find yourself in need of advice from a compassionate family lawyer, contact me right away. I can help you navigate these murky waters.

Child Protection

I also practise child protection (aka child welfare) litigation. In such cases, the Children’s Aid Society is the organization bringing the parties to court and can be seeking a number of orders against you and your family, including supervision orders, and at the highest end, asking for Crown Wardship for the purpose of adoption. Such cases are extremely serious. If you are involved in such a case and require legal representation, please contact me right away.

Other Information

In many cases, I accept Legal Aid Certificates. If you have a certificate, please advise when you contact me.

My office operates by appointment only. Please contact me directly for more information. Initial telephone consultations are always free.